The course aims at providing the students of the BA in "Lettere" with a deeper understanding of the structure of the human language, emphasizing the topics of phonetics and phonology, morphology and syntax. In particular, the following two objectives must be reached:
1. knowledge of the history of general linguistics from Saussure to Chomsky;
2. understanding of the structural levels of human Language, from phonology to syntax, and contextualization of them into the development of the discipline as outlined in point 1.
The course will be dedicated to the study of the structure of human language, emphasizing the topics of phonetics and phonology, morphology and syntax. The compulsory didactic materials for the students who attend the lessons are:
1) Selected chapters from one of the following books:
- GIORGIO GRAFFI, SERGIO SCALISE, Le lingue e il linguaggio Introduzione alla linguistica (third edition), Il Mulino, 2013. Chapters 1, 2, 4, 5 e 7
- GIOVANNI GOBBER, MORENO MORANI, Linguistica Generale (second edition), McGraw Hill, 2014. Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4 e 6
2) Handouts of the lessons, also available on the e-learning platform.
Students who do not attend the lessons will need to ask the teacher for additional materials.
|Graffi, Giorgio; Scalise, Sergio||Le lingue e il linguaggio. Introduzione alla linguistica||Il Mulino, Bologna||2013||9788815241795|
|Giovanni Gobber e Moreno Morani||Linguistica generale (Edizione 2)||McGraw Hill||2014||9788838668548|
Oral exam. The student will need to demonstrated, by using an appropriate metalanguage, to master the notions outlined as objectives, by commenting texts discussed during the classes, or, in case of students who did not attend the frontal lessons, by discussing the textbooks that will be indicated to replace the frontal lessons.
The evaluation is expressed in thirtieths, based on the knowledge, the effectiveness and readiness of the answers, the language property.
For Erasmus students, the teacher is available to clarify the how to prepare the exam.
Viale dell'Università 4
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2019 | Verona University | Credits