The course has two fundamental aims:
1) to provide a basic knowledge of the historical grammar of the Italian language.
2) to guide the students in the reading and in the morphosyntactic analysis of some of the most important vernacular texts of the Italian literature of the origins
At the end of the course the students must be able:
- to read and interpret correctly a text or a document in the vernacular
- to independently perform the appropriate morphosyntactic reliefs and to demonstrate an increased lexical competence.
COURSE MAIN TOPICS
1. Historical grammar of Italian language.
- From latin to vernacular
- Morphology(verbs and nouns)
2. History of Italian language:
- Old Italian texts
- Old Tuscan texts
- The language of dante, Petrach and Boccaccio
- XV and XVI Centuries
For those students who will attend the classes the course will consist of lectures during which the course topics will be explained and the texts will be read. Students will be stimulated by the teacher to take part and to directly face the reading of the texts in the classroom so as to verify the skills acquired during the lessons.
The teacher will use e-learning didactic modalities, providing students with slides and materials that will be gradually used in class. The e-learning platform will also be consulted for teacher-student communications and for everything related to the timetable, lessons and suspensions.
Throughout the academic year the teacher will receive students on time posted to the virtual bulletin board and constantly updated. Non-attending students must integrate the course materials with the bibliography indicated by the teacher in the virtual platform. The content of the textbooks, as well as the lessons and exercises held in the classroom, is part of the program.
Non-attending students must integrate the course materials with the bibliography indicated by the teacher in the virtual platform.
|C. Marazzini||La lingua italiana Storia, testi, strumenti||Il Mulino||2015||978-88-15-25230-2||Solo per non frequentanti|
|Giuseppe Patota||Nuovi lineamenti di grammatica storica dell'italiano||il Mulino||2007||9788815119469|
|Roberta Cella||Storia dell'italiano||il Mulino||2015||9788815257338||solo i capp. I-II|
The exam includes an oral exam both for attending students and non-attending students.
Objectives of the assessment test:
- check the knowledge of the program topics.
- verify the ability to apply the analysis tools illustrated during the course.
- verify the ability to read interpretation of texts in ancient Italian vernacular
Contents and methods for conducting the assessment tests:
The test covers all the topics of the program in the two parts related to its thematic areas:
- verification of the knowledge of historical grammar through the reading and analysis of some words of the Romance area
- verification of knowledge of morphosyntactic character through the reading and analysis of an ancient vulgar text
For each of the two parts is attributed up to a maximum of 15 thirty. The sum of the score of the two evaluations will form the final mark, expressed in thirtieths.
For Erasmus students, the teacher will clarify the contents and methods of the exam in class.