The Course propose an approach to colloquial latin in Seneca de beneficiis I book.
Prerequisites: Advanced knowledge of the Latin Language.
Expected learning outcomes: at the end of course students will be able to
- knew the essential feautures of colloquial latin;
- translate and analyze the text chosen for the course;
- develop autonomous ability to reflect on the practiced methodologies;
- improve the following communication skills: to reflect of different social and contestual Variationen in Ancient Rome.
1. Feautures of colloquial latin.
2. Reading of Seneca de beneficiis book I with special regard of the colloquial latin's feautures.
1. J. B. Hofmann - L. Ricottilli, La lingua d’uso latina, Pàtron, Bologna 2003, 3. ed., pp. 9-473.
2. Sénèque, Des Bienfaits, texte établis et traduit par F. Préchac, Paris 1972 (=1926), pp. 1-24.
4. A. Traina – G. Bernardi Perini, Propedeutica al latino universitario, Bologna, Pàtron 1998, 6. ed. (o successive).
Lectures, exercises and, where possible, seminar activities.
The exam consist of an oral interview, partly via readings of texts in the original language, which intend to ascertain the level of achievement of the learning obiectives previously indicated.
N.B. Non-attending students are requested to contact the teacher in due advance so as to define a specific program.
Viale dell'Università 4
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2019 | Verona University | Credits