|Unit||Credits||Academic sector||Period||Academic staff|
|I MODULO PARTE (I)||6||L-ART/01-HISTORY OF MEDIEVAL ART||Sem. 2A||
|II MODULO PARTE (P)||6||L-ART/01-HISTORY OF MEDIEVAL ART||Sem. 2B||
HISTORY OF MEDIEVAL ART - ADVANCED COURSE
The subjects are characteristic features of the teaching program of this course, whose objective is to offer specific competence and background in an art history context. In particular, the course aims at an in-depth examination of a subject matter within the more general context of the history of medieval art, providing facts and ideas, and above all offering students the opportunity to learn to analyze the various, complex aspects of the art works discussed in the lessons.
This course presupposes mastery of the knowledge acquired in the introductory course of History of Medieval Art.
The program is valid only for the June 2018 examination session.
The examination is oral and may include the use of images. For both those who attend. the lessons and those who do not, the exam will be based on the entire course program and the above-mentioned texts.
INTRODUCTORY COURSE: the oral examination aims at verifying the following:
- depth and range of the acquired knowledge
- correct use of language
- ability to connect areas of knowledge in a systematic fashion
- competence in analytic and systematic reasoning
ADVANCED COURSE: this will be an oral examination, during which images may be referred to, whose objective is to verify
- degree of independent thought while discussing the subjects dealt with in the textbooks
- capacity to expound clearly and use correct and specific terminology
- capacity to recognize works of art, styles and iconographies
- degree of analytic and systematic reasoning
The teaching program consists of two distinct modules for a total of 12 university credits: introductory and advanced. Students may take both module examinations in a single session or in two separate sessions. The introductory exam must always precede the advanced module exam.