The radio language lab aims to provide the basis for understanding radio as a medium of communication and the practical tools for building a format and promoting it on social networks. The workshop will be based on a strong interaction between students and on a practical approach. Lessons will be done by a radio professionist and Tiziana Cavallo is the scientific referent.
1. Introduction to the course and history of the radio
2. Radio elements: What is a format? What are the elements that make it up? What is a palimpsest and a clock?
3. Radio journalism and the interview
4. Radio music: critical analysis of music, creation of radio playlists
5. Communication and promotion
6. Instrumentation and technical management
7. Radio exercises
8. Group work: we build a format
9. Listening and evaluation of group work
|Tiziana Cavallo||- Cavallo, T. (2009). Radio Education. Case history di una radio universitaria: l'esperienza di Fuori Aula Network (Edizione 1)||Fausto Lupetti Editore||2009|
Texts for the exam:
- Cavallo, T. (2009). Radio Education. Case history of a university radio: the experience of Fuori Aula Network. Bologna: Fausto Lupetti Editore.
- Possible handouts and / or books indicated in class.
Students in groups of three will have to present a paper format and a 10-minute demo of the program. During the meeting the program will be explained and analyzed. At the end a question will be asked about the topics covered during the workshop
Viale dell'Università 4
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2019 | Verona University | Credits