The course aims to:
• deepen the knowledge of modern and contemporary Italian literature
• analyze Italian literary texts from a historical, critical, formal and symbolic point of view
• use the different orientations of criticism consciously.
On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
• read and comment texts of modern and contemporary Italian literature
• place the examined works within their historical and critical context
• use, in an autonomous way, lexical and stylistic tools in order to analyze the literary texts.
Literature and landscape: hills, mountains
– S. Slataper, Il mio Carso (Transalpina)
– D. Campana, Canti Orfici (Bur)
– D. Buzzati, Bàrnabo delle montagne (Mondadori)
– G. Comisso, I due compagni (Santi Quaranta)
– T. Landolfi, La pietra lunare (Adelphi)
– C. Pavese, Feria d'agosto (Einaudi)
– additional readings will be pointed out during lessons
Scheduled lessons: lectures (36 hours)
A detailed syllabus will be provided in e-learning.
Students are required to use correctly the Italian language.
|D. Buzzati||Bàrnabo delle montagne||Mondadori||2016|
|D. Campana||Canti Orfici||Bur||1989|
|C. Pavese||Feria d'agosto||Einaudi||2017|
|G. Comisso||I due compagni||Santi Quaranta||2017|
|S. Slataper||Il mio Carso||Transalpina||2015|
|T. Landolfi||La pietra lunare||Adelphi||1995|
Oral examination about all the parts of the course. The examination aims at evaluating the student's knowledge and skills, with special reference to the texts read during lessons.
Erasmus students will be informed about the oral examination during lessons.