This course aims to develope knowledge about:
- relationship between social and ambiental dynamics, their involvement in means subsistence
- Earth’s surface utilization
- changements of habitat
- demographic evolution and population growth
- landscape analysis and connection with different cultures
The course will present different aspects of geographical analysis, such as but not exclusively environment, demographics and culture.
The aim is to lead students to master - theoretical and practically - some of the key concepts of the discipline in order to be able to:
- produce geographical analyses through the application of these tools
- identify the appropriate conceptual pivots for the teaching of lessons in schools.
Lectures and seminars
Meetings with experts
On-site tours (which may be replaced by short texts for those unable to participate)
Non-attenders may ask to participate in specific site tours or meetings with experts.
|M. Marengo||Geografia e letteratura. Piccolo manuale d’uso,||Patron||2010|
|E. Dell’Agnese (a cura di)||Geo-grafia : strumenti e parole (Edizione 2009)||UNICOPLI||2009|
|E.H. Fouberg,A.B. Murphy, H.J. de Blij,||Geografia umana. Cultura Società Spazio||Zanichelli||2010|
|E. Turri||Il paesaggio degli uomini||Zanichelli||2004|
Learning outcomes control: oral exam
Goals of the examination
The oral test consists of a discussion aimed at verifying:
- the knowledge of the exam program topics
- the depth and breadth of the acquired knowledge;
- the property of language;
- the ability to connect systematically knowledge;
- analytical and argumentative ability
- the ability to apply logic to the various proposed issues.
The final evaluation is expressed in thirtieth.
ERASMUS students are requested to contact the teacher at the beginning of the course to agree on the teaching and examination methods together.
BIBLIOGRAPHY FOR NON-ATTENDING STUDENTS (for attending students, texts will be recommended during lessons)
E.H. Fouberg,A.B. Murphy, H.J. de Blij, Geografia umana. Cultura Società Spazio, Bologna, Zanichelli, 2010
M. Marengo, Geografia e letteratura. Piccolo manuale d’uso, Bologna, Patron, 2016
E. Turri, Il paesaggio degli uomini, Bologna, Zanichelli, 2004