The workshop is intended for students of the Master Degree in Art who intend to direct their studies towards: history of contemporary art, history of criticism, museology, museography and the like. The aim of the workshop is to present to the students one of the possible professional outlets to which they can aspire: the care of art exhibitions in public and private spaces, drawing attention to critical care and good curatorial practices. At a first phase of meetings in the classroom with museum curators and independent curators, critics, press officers and other professionals in the sector, follows a second workshop phase in which students are guided in the care of First Step exhibitions.
Now in its 10th edition, First Step is a project of the Academy of Fine Arts of Verona curated by Massimo balestrini, Marta Ferretti, Giovanni morbin, Daniele Salvalai aimed at making a first step for students or neo-studentsgraduates of the Academy in the world of art and in particular in the galleries and museums of the territory. The galleries involved in the 2019 edition, which from mid-November will host the First Step projects, are: Fonderia 20.9, Verona; AplusB, Brescia; Fuori Le Mura, Verona; Spazio Cordis, Verona; La Giarina artecontemporanea, Verona; Boccanera Gallery, Trento.
Project manager: Jessica Bianchera
- 6 hours of lectures in which students can compare themselves with themes such as: basic elements of museology and contemporary museography, elaboration of a curatorial project, organization and setting up of an exhibition, drafting and distribution of a press release, drafting of a text room, drafting of a text catalogue, captions and information panels.
• October 17 from 3.30 to 5.30 p.m. Accademia di Belle Arti di Verona Aula Design piano 1
Cecilia Guida, curator and responsible Public Program of Artline Milan;
Vittoria Broggini, curator conservative MA*GA, Gallarate.
• October 24 from 3.30 to 5.30 p.m. Università degli Studi di Verona Aula lorenzi (Chiostro S. Maria delle Vittorie, lungadige Porta Vittoria, 41 - 37129 Verona. Piano: Terra)
Gabriele Lorenzoni, curator Mart / Galleria Civica di Trento and manager of ADAC – Archivio trentino Documentazione Artisti contemporanei;
Dario Bonetta, gallery manager A + B, Brescia.
• October 31 from 3.30 to 5.30 p.m. Università degli Studi di Verona Aula lorenzi (Chiostro S. Maria delle Vittorie, lungadige Porta Vittoria, 41 - 37129 Verona. Piano: Terra)
Virginia Sommadossi, head of communication for Centrale fies, fies (TN)
- 12 hours of laboratory. This phase is limited in number, in order to access it, it is necessary to have participated in all the meetings of the previous phase and it will be realized in collaboration with the Academy of Fine Arts of Verona within First Step project. This phase involves the effective involvement of the students of the Master Degree in Art in the organisation of exhibition projects with works of the students of the Academy within the galleries belonging to the program. The commitment period for this second phase, calibrated over 12 hours, varies depending on the project and the gallery with which students will be working.
The exam will be oral