Acquaintance of the sources, the instruments and the methodology necessary to rebuild the Ancient environment, with particular reference to Roman Age and issues like road condition, urbanee and agriculture organization, the relationship man-environment (steps of the soil occupation put into effect by men and influence of the geographical factor on the development of settling).
Contents of the course:
- Meaning and value of historical topography;
- instruments and methods in order to reconstruct ancient environment with examples from field research;
- Roman streets: sources, paths and infrastructure;
- century and agriculture population: from gromatics to the ground reading;
- urbane structures: topographic organization and monumental system.
Evaluation: Oral interview.
For every information concerning the programme or the final test, students who can’t attend class must see the professor during reception time.
Viale dell'Università 4
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits