The course is not with limited number. However, please send an e-mail to signal the participation before lectures start, for a more effective planning of activities (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The purpose of these lectures is to outline some of key elements of medieval landscapes, with a strong focus on field archaeological practices.
We will have as topics:
1) the transformation of countryside between Late Roman Period and the Early Middle Age;
2) the transformation of trade and pottery production between Late Antiquity and Middle Ages;
3) development of the formation of castles and villages;
4) examples of excavations and landscape archaeology research;
5) methods and strategies applied in landscape archaeology studies on medieval contexts.
We will also provide some educational tours on archaeological sites.
S. Gelichi, Introduzione all'archeologia Medievale, Roma 1997.
Will be provided additional papers during lectures.
Viale dell'Università 4
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits