Classes aim at introducing some basic problems in the analysis of human language.
Prerequisites: Basic notions of general linguistics, such as those taught in the classes named “Introduzione allo studio del linguaggio”.
Content of the classes: The origin of language: history of the question and today debate
A) Attending students:
1. G. Graffi, The problem of the origin of language in Western philosophy and linguistics, “Lingue e linguaggio”, 4 (2005), pp. 5-26
2. M. D. Hauser et al., Il mistero dell'evoluzione del linguaggio, in "Micromega", 4/2014, pp. 167-203 (original English version: The mistery of language evolution, in "Frontiers in Psychology", vol. 5, May 2014, article 401)
3.Class notes. Teaching material made available by the teacher.
B) Not Attending students:
1. The same as for attending students.
2. The same as for attending students.
3. G. Graffi, Che cos’è la grammatica generativa, Roma, Carocci, 2008 (only chapters 1, 2 and 3).
N.B.: The texts indicated above are the whole program for students who cannot attend class lectures: they are therefore invited not to contact the teacher for confirmation on this subject.
Teaching methods: Traditional lectures
Viale dell'Università 4
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits