|Monday||10:10 AM - 11:50 AM||lesson||Lecture Hall T.2|
|Monday||1:30 PM - 3:10 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall SPA||from Dec 12, 2016 to Dec 19, 2016|
|Tuesday||10:10 AM - 11:50 AM||lesson||Lecture Hall T.2|
|Wednesday||10:10 AM - 11:50 AM||lesson||Lecture Hall T.2||from Dec 21, 2016 to Dec 21, 2016|
|Wednesday||11:50 AM - 1:30 PM||lesson||Lecture Hall SMT.02|
The course aims at providing examples of the contribution that philosophy can give:
- to the comprehension of political problems of actuality, when understood as critical thinking,
- to public communication, when understood as rational reasoning.
At the end of the course, students will have to prove that they:
- accurately know the subjects of the program,
- are able to expose them in a consequential and concise way,
- have acquired independent judgement.
Course title: Black Venus, Caliban and other racist masks
Course content: Firstly we will discuss the status of Political Philosophy and we will investigate the origin of some key-concepts (individual, individual rights, representation, State sovereignty) of modern political philosophy in the social contract theory. Secondly, through Franz Fanon, we will analyse how the point of view of racialized subjects allows a radical critique of modern political thought, and we will propose to ‘overtake’ Fanon by the intersection of race, class, gender and sexual orientation.
Throughout the course, the following films and videos will be screened and commented:
- Prospero’s Books, Peter Greenaway, 1991;
- Vénus noire, Abdellatif Kechiche, 2010;
- Formation, Melina Matsoukas, 2016.
Methods: Lectures based on reading and interpretation of the texts, films’ projections, discussions.
|Gaia Giuliani||Il colore della nazione||Le Monnier||2015||Soltanto i saggi: Gianmaria Colpani, Omonazionalismo nel bel paese, pp. 186-199; Annalisa Frisina e Camilla Hawthorne, Sulle pratiche estetiche antirazziste delle figlie delle migrazioni, pp. 200-214|
|Lorenzo Bernini||Le pecore e il pastore: Critica, politica, etica nel pensiero di Michel Foucault||Liguori||2008||Lettura facoltativa|
|Stefano Petrucciani||Modelli di filosofia politica||Einaudi||2003||Soltanto i seguenti capitoli: cap. 1 Territori e domande della filosofia politica: pp. 5-30; cap. IV Il paradigma del contratto: pp. 77-88 e 91-113; cap. VI Concetti della teoria politica: pp. 167-203|
|Frantz Fanon||Pelle nera, maschere bianche||Edizioni ETS||2015|
For both attending and non-attending students: written examination (five questions in two hours).
The evaluation will be based on:
- pertinence of the answers,
- consequentiality of the arguments,
- ability to think in a personal and independent way.