The course has the following aims:
1) enable the student to understand and contextualize the approaches to the study of landscape archeology;
2) know methods and instruments, using in landscape archeology approaches;
3) reflect about the strategies can be adopted in different territories for the study of archaeological landscapes.
The course deals the study of landscape archeology.
It is divided into several sub-themes that will help to develop general aspects (which will cover both the theoretical approaches to the study of landscape archeology), as case studies and applications, providing a picture of the scientific debate on the subject.
1) Landscape archaeology: theory and methods (6 h)
2) Centrality and marginality in landscapes: equilibrium of landscape in historical periods (8h)
3) Archaeology of disaster: changing in landscapes (10 h)
4) Shaping the landscape: human impact on the landscape (6h)
|B. David, J. Thomas||Handbook of Landscape Archaeology||Routledge||2008||9781598742947|
The exam will be an oral interview, where the themes debated in the lessons will be discussed .
They will write a short-term paper also, on topic of course.
Viale dell'Università 4
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits