This course aims to develope knowledge about:
- relationship between social and ambiental dynamics, their involvement in means subsistence
- Earth’s surface utilization
- changements of habitat
- demographic evolution and population growth
- landscape analysis and connection with different cultures
- Introduction to human geography
- Cultural geography and globalization
- Study of geographic relationship in people and in migrations
- Political geography (States and Sopranational Organizations)
- Urban geography
- Geography and human development
- Economical sectors
For attending students, teaching method is lessons with slideshows.
Throught the academic year, the Professor will be available for students in offce hours as
published on the webpage (a prior appointment is not required). Any other change in the schedule will be notified on professor’s webpage.
Teaching material coud be made available at the e-learning platform for attending students.
Non attending studens have to study all the book “ Geografia umana. Un approccio visuale” in addition to one of suggested books.
- A. L. GREINER, G. DEMATTEIS, C. LANZA, Geografia umana. Un approccio visuale, Utet 2012.
Un testo a scelta tra:
- M. LIVI BACCI, Il pianeta stretto, Il Mulino 2015.
- C. CARRARO, A. MAZZAI, Il clima che cambia. Non solo un problema ambientale, Il Mulino 2015
Final oral assessment and the evaluation is expressed in thirtieths.
The students must present at this assessment only after the assessment of the course “Introduction to the study of geography and history”.
Purposes of the assessment
The oral assessment will verify:
- acquired knowledge
- language skills
- ability of connecting knowledge
- analytical and discussion skills
Erasmus studends are kindly requested to contact the professor at the begining of the course in order to agree on the modalities.
Viale dell'Università 4
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits