The course aims to provide elements of work and organizational psychology for e human resources management, internal and external, allowing a company or enterprise to communicate itself inside (for reaching objectives and an organizational climate of collaborative kind) and outside (for the potential clients and users to know what the company or enterprise does and appreciate its products and services).
The course will deal with the following topic:
1.1. The individual at work and in organizations
- Cognitive characteristics: intelligence and convictions:
o Scale for the IQ determination (Stanford-Binet, Wechsler, ecc.);
o Aptitude tests;
o Opinions and attitudes;
o Gardner (multiple intelligences) and Goleman (emotional intelligence).
- Emotional characteristics: needs and motivations:
o Intrinsic and extrinsic motivations, self-centered and other-centered motivations;
o Maslow’s hierarchy of needs;
o Rogers’ self-actualization;
o Herzberg’s two factor theory.
- Behavioral characteristics: abilities and competences:
o Abilities, capacities, skills and competences;
o Job evaluation (job description; job analysis; task analysis);
o Performance evaluation (performance);
o Potential evaluation: from work behaviors to underlying constructs.
1.2. Working group and group work: organizational dynamics
- Cooperation vs. Competition;
- Inclusion vs. Exclusion;
- Cohesion vs. Conflict (functional conflict and pathological conflict, Tajfel);
- Leadership vs. Membership (Lewin, Likert, Fiedler e Bass)
- Dependence vs. Autonomy
- Task orientation (operating effectiveness) vs. relational orientation (interactive effectiveness) – Bass.
1.3. Organization and orgnizational functions
- Organizational Development (Bennis e Schein):
o Assessment and selection (Assessment Center and Development Center);
o Training (knowledge, abilities, attitudes);
o Vocational guidance (mentoring, tutoring and coaching);
- Cultures, sub-cultures and counter-cultures;
- Diversity Management;
- Organizational and safety climate: stress, mobbing, burnout and accidents at work.
|Dessler G.||Gestione delle risorse umane||Pearson||2017|
|Sartori R.||Metodi e tecniche di indagine e intervento in psicologia (Edizione 1)||LED, Milano||2011|
|Asleigh M. & Mansi A. (con Di Stefano G.)||Psicologia del lavoro e delle organizzazioni (Edizione 1)||Pearson Italia, Milano-Torino||2014||9788865183809|
The exam will be written and will be composed of a variable number of open and closed questions drawn by the texts