|Unit||Credits||Academic sector||Period||Academic staff|
|PARTE I||6||L-LIN/07-LANGUAGE AND TRANSLATION - SPANISH||I semestre||
Matteo De Beni
|PARTE II||3||L-LIN/07-LANGUAGE AND TRANSLATION - SPANISH||Sem. 1B||
The course aims to illustrate the diachronic evolution of the Spanish language, also thanks to the study of the production and circulation of texts in the Hispanic countries.
On completion of this course, students:
– should know the epistemological foundations of the discipline and major milestones in the history of the Spanish language, from its origins to the present day;
– should achieve a knowledge about the history of publishing and printing in the Hispanic context and the connections between this field and the history of language (such as printers’ metalinguistic comments, the establishment of typographical norms that later became part of normative spelling, the role of journalism in the diffusion of neologisms and loans);
– should be able to carry out an analysis of texts in Spanish of different periods.
On completion of this course, students should:
- know the role of the established norm in current Spanish language and the institutions which regulate it nowadays
- use the main online linguistic resources of the Spanish language: electronic dictionaries, encyclopedias, and corpora
- use the main dictionaries of Spanish language.
1) History of the Spanish language:
2) History of the language and history of the printing and publishing. Some intersections between the history of printing and publishing in the Hispanic world and the history of the language will be analysed (metalinguistic commentaries of the printers, setting of orthographic rules by the printers, role of journalism in the incorporation of loans and neologisms.
Norms in current Spanish language, Institutions which regulate the linguistic norm of Spanish, The Spanish Royal Academy and the last changes in orthography, the correct use of Spanish language in media, current Spanish dictionaries, online corpora and their uses in translation and lexicography.
In the last weeks of lessons (December 2018), prof. Luis Pablo Núñez (Universidad de Granada) will hold a 18-hour module.
PART I e II
The exam consists of a written test on theoretical and practical issues related to the course program, the bibliography and the didactic materials provided (for attending students there are specific assessment procedures, as indicated in the web-pages of the two modules).
The final grade will correspond to the average of the grades obtained in the exams of the two modules.
|RAE / ASALE||Diccionario panhispánico de dudas. In rete
||Madrid: Santillana||2005||Testo di consultazione.
|BAJO PÉREZ, E.||Diccionarios: introducción a la historia de la lexicografía del español||Gijón: Trea||2000||TESTO OBBLIGATORIO. Le parti saranno indicate all'inizio del corso|
|HAENSCH, G.||Los diccionarios del español en el umbral del siglo XXI: problemas actuales de lexicografía||Salamanca: Universidad||2004||Testo di consultazione|
|FUNDÉU [Agencia EFE]||Manual de español urgente||Madrid: Cátedra||2008||Testo di consultazione|
|RAE / ASALE||Nueva gramática de la lengua española||Madrid: Espasa||2009||Testo di consultazione|
|RAE / ASALE||Ortografía de la lengua española||Madrid: Espasa||2010||Testo di consultazione|