At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- analyze and recognize various phenomena of bilingualism, distinguishing the profiles of bi- and multilingual subjects;
- assess the implications of bilingualism for the (Italian) school and its impact in the social and family environment;
- know and apply some psycholinguistic research methods in the domain of multilingualism.
The course is taught by various professors, both from foreign institutions and members of the teaching college of the Master's Program in Linguistics, and is organized as follows:
- Part I: Prof. dr. Jason Rothman (Un. of Reading / Tromsoe) - 29/30 April
1. Child Language Acquisition and linguistic innateness.
Monday, April 29, 11:50 - 13:30 – room Daneloni (Polo Zanotto)
2. Heritage Language Bilingualism.
Monday, April 29, 15:40 - 17:20 – room Daneloni (Polo Zanotto)
3. Adult Third Language Acquisition.
Tuesday, April 30, 10:10 - 11:50 – room 1.3 (Polo Zanotto).
- Part II: Dr. Evelina Leivada (Univ. of Tromsoe) - 7-9 May
1. First and Second Language Acquisition: A Critical Approach to Principles & Parameters.
Tuesday May 7, 14:00-15:40 - room 1.3 (Polo Zanotto).
2. Nature and Nurture: A view from Extreme Cases of Development.
Wednesday May 8, 15:00-16:40 – room Daneloni (Polo Zanotto).
3. Acquiring a Non-Standard Variety.
Thursday May 9, 14:00-15:40 - room Daneloni (Polo Zanotto).
- Part III: Dr. Dal Maso, Melloni, Piccinin, Vender - 13-23 May
1. Young bilinguals in Italian schools (first- and second-generation immigrants): a preliminary evaluation of learning difficulties and a proposal for teaching methods and intervention programs.
Monday MAY 13, 10:00-13:00 – room Daneloni (Polo Zanotto).
2. Experimental protocols for the assessment of reading proficiency in bilingual children with L2 Italian.
Thursday MAY 23 - 14:00-17:00 - SMT.04 - Veronetta - Santa Marta
Students' competence will be evaluated on the basis of experimental activities conducted by the students under the supervision of the Lab's teachers.
The attendance of this module is compulsory. A maximum of two missed classes is allowed.
Viale dell'Università 4
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits