The course has the following aims:
1) enable the student to understand and contextualize the approaches to the study of landscape archeology;
2) know methods and instruments, using in landscape archeology approaches;
3) reflect about the strategies can be adopted in different territories for the study of archaeological landscapes.
historical and archaeological knowledge of basic level
The course deals the study of landscape archeology.
It is divided into several sub-themes that will help to develop general aspects (which will cover both the theoretical approaches to the study of landscape archeology), as case studies and applications, providing a picture of the scientific debate on the subject.
1) Landscape archaeology: theory and methods (6 h)
2) Centrality and marginality in landscapes: equilibrium of landscape in historical periods (8h)
3) Archaeology of disaster: changing in landscapes (10 h)
4) Shaping the landscape: human impact on the landscape (6h)
|B. David, J. Thomas||Handbook of Landscape Archaeology||Routledge||2008||9781598742947|
the course may be provide educational tours and
some activities in the laboratory, aim to learn use use of mapping tools , GIS and aerial images processing and interpretation,
Learning assessment procedures
The exam will be an oral interview, where the themes debated in the lessons will be discussed .
They will write a short-term paper also, on topic of course.
Viale dell'Università 4
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits