This course aims to:
• deepen the knowledge of 20th century Italian poetry
• analyze Italian poetic texts from a historical, critical, formal and symbolic point of view
• use the different orientations of criticism and the tools for the interpretation of poetic texts consciously.
On successful completion of the module, students should be able to:
• read and comment 20th century Italian poetry poetic texts
• place the examined works within their historical and critical context
• use, in an autonomous way, lexical and stylistic tools in order to analyze the poetic texts.
Andrea Zanzotto: his poetry and his poets
– A. Zanzotto, Tutte le poesie (ed. Mondadori)
– A. Zanzotto, Scritti sulla letteratura (ed. Mondadori)
– A. Zanzotto, Luoghi e paesaggi (ed. Bompiani)
– M. Natale, G. Sandrini (a cura di), Letture dall'opera poetica di Andrea Zanzotto (ed. Carocci)
– additional readings will be pointed out during lessons
Scheduled lessons: lectures (36 hours)
A detailed syllabus will be provided in e-learning.
Students are required to use correctly the Italian language.
|Natale M., Sandrini G.||«A foglia ed a gemma». Letture dall'opera poetica di Andrea Zanzotto||Carocci|
|A. Zanzotto||Luoghi e paesaggi||Bompiani|
|A. Zanzotto||Scritti sulla letteratura||Mondadori|
|A. Zanzotto||Tutte le poesie||Mondadori|
Oral examination about all the parts of the course. The examination aims at evaluating the student's knowledge and skills, with special reference to the texts read during lessons.
Erasmus students will be informed about the oral examination during lessons or student office hours.
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, and in accordance with the University of Verona guidelines, during the 2020 summer and autumn session the assessment modality will be modified as follows: online oral exam.
Viale dell'Università 4
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits