The Urban Geography course aims at teaching students new points of view for the analyses of the city. This approach aims at understanding not just the facts, but also the interpretations provided by the residents, according to the hermeneutical paradigm of knowledge. To that end, the course stimulates the students to develop a scientific curiosity towards the geographical areas and the social actors they study (starting from the city and its inhabitants).
• From human geography to urban geography: theories and examples
• History of the city and the city in history: population, communities, cultures
• The city as a response to the relationship between man-nature-economy (preparatory study on the environment and landscape)
• The city as a space for social action, inclusion and fragmentation (preparatory study on: migration, languages, borders and borders)
• The global city and the excluded city
• Urban policies, sustainability and the new Smart City proposals in the world
• The city and the didactics of geography in schools, in relation to the key competences of citizenship and transversal didactics (analysis laboratory of the city also in an educational key)
|SENNETT RICHARD||Costruire e abitare. Etica per la città||FELTRINELLI||2018|
|GIOVANNINI C.||La Geografia urbana||Bruno Mondadori||2013|
|Saskia Sassen||Le città nell'economia globale||Il Mulino||2010||8815139508|
The EXAM, aimed at verifying the level of learning achieved, will be ORAL & ONLINE for both attending and non-attending students. The evaluation will consider the following knowledge and skills: knowledge of the contents; analysis and interpretation of geographical phenomena, of the relationships between geography, city, territory; ability to identify relationships and to propose comparisons and connections; use and knowledge of the specific vocabulary; communication in the Italian language.
Viale dell'Università 4
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2021 | Verona University | Credits