The main objective of the course is to allow the student to understand the problems that characterise the structure and the dynamics of the communication processes in the organizations in which they will be operating.
The course aims to develop:
- knowledge and understanding related to organizations and their functioning through the study of models, structures and organizational variables. In particular, we give attention to work organization, organizational communication and organizational development processes in Small and Medium Enterprises;
- ability to identify the organizational structures and variables, to use appropriate languages in the approach to companies and human resources, to recognize the communication processes that characterize SMEs in their internal and external relations.
At the end of the course, the student will be able to read the organizational and communication phenomena in the SMEs and to recognize the variables on which to intervene for the development of companies.
The main contents are:
- Management: theories and models of organization; scientific management (F. Taylor, H. Ford...); study of work (F. Gilbreth and L.M. Gilbreth); industrial fatigue and monotony (Wyatt, Fraser...); Human Relations (E. Mayo); Human Resources (Herzberg, Mc Gregor); organizational behavior and communication processes (B. Bass, K. Lewin, R. Likert...); limited rationality theory (H. Simon) and organizational decisions;
- Communication and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs): definitions and organisational characteristics of SMEs; role of SMEs in the international and local economy; communication and relations in and between SMEs; entrepreneurship and business creation; entrepreneurial potential and skills.
- Favretto, G. (2010). Organizzazione del lavoro per lo sviluppo delle risorse umane. Verona: QuiEdit (capp. 1, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13).
- Cubico S. e Favretto, G. (2012). Giovani imprenditori: competenze e orientamenti nel Veneto. Verona: QuiEdit
- Antoldi, F. (2012). Lo sviluppo imprenditoriale. Governare i processi evolutivi delle Piccole e Medie Imprese. Milano: McGraw-Hill
Additional documentation provided on e-learning platform.
|Cubico, S., Favretto, G.||Giovani imprenditori: competenze e orientamenti nel Veneto||QuiEdit: Verona||2012|
|Antoldi, F.||Lo sviluppo imprenditoriale. Governare i processi evolutivi delle Piccole e Medie Imprese||McGraw-Hill: Milano||2012|
|Favretto, G.||Organizzazione del Lavoro per lo Sviluppo delle Risorse Umane||QuiEdit: Verona||2010|
Detailed information on the exam will be placed in the dedicated section of the e-learning platform of the course.