The course has two fundamental aims: 1. to provide a good knowledge of the Duecento and Trecento Tuscan vernacular; 2. to guide the students in reading and in the morphosyntactic analysis of some of the most important vernacular texts of the Italian literature of the origins. At the end of the course the students must be able to: - read and interpret correctly a text or a document in the vernacular; - independently perform the appropriate morphosyntactic reliefs; - demonstrate an increased lexical competence.
The course is divided into two main sections:
1. Features of historical grammar:
- From Latin to vernacular;
- Nominal morphology;
- Verbal morphology;
- Elements of syntax.
2. The history of the Italian language, with particular regard to Dante Alighieri and his role in the debate on the "question of language", also analyzed through the reading and analysis of texts:
- First texts in the vernacular;
- Dante Alighieri and the birth of literary language in the fourteenth century;
- Pietro Bembo's codification of literary language in the sixteenth century.
In addition to the texts listed in bilbiography, the moodle platform will provide the materials used during the lessons (slides and readings in pdf format).
Students who are not attending are invited to contact the teacher to agree on the examination program.
|Claudio Marazzini||Breve storia della lingua italiana||il Mulino||2004||Capp. I-V e cap. X.|
|Giuseppe Patota||Nuovi lineamenti di grammatica storica dell'italiano||il Mulino||2007||9788815119469|
The exam includes an oral exam both for attending students and non-attending students. The test covers all the topics of the program in each part related to its thematic areas:
- verification of the knowledge of historical grammar through the reading and analysis of an ancient vulgar text;
- verification of knowledge of history of Italian Language.
For each of the three parts is attributed up to a maximum of 10/30. The sum of the score of the two evaluations will form the final mark, expressed in thirtieths.
Erasmus students are invited to conctact the teacher to plan topics and type of the examination.
Viale dell'Università 4
VAT number 01541040232
Italian Fiscal Code 93009870234
© 2020 | Verona University | Credits