Favorire l’acquisizione delle nuove teorie e concezioni in merito alla vasta area dei fenomeni dell’esteticità, presentando le ricerche di antropologia filosofica, cultural studies, aesthetics in practice, filosofia della performance, teorie della comunità e del design (extended design), teoria degli artefatti ecc. Si proporrà inoltre la rilettura in chiave moderna di grandi classici del pensiero filosofico o antropologico o artistico, con lo scopo di un migliore orientamento rispetto alle questioni dell'epoca contemporanea.
«Aestheticization of politics and politicization of arts». Aura and choc in Walter Benjamin
1. The first part of the course deals with different relationships between mimesis and ratio focalizing on some of the fundamental passages in history (Plato, Aristotle, Descartes, Rationalism, Empirism, Baumgarten).
2. Furthermore, even fundamental concepts of contemporary aesthetics, such as the sublime and the genius in their Kantian and Goethean form, will be examined.
3. This will be followed by an analytical treatment of some of the motives in Benjamin’s aesthetics (poverty of experience, destruction of the aura, choc, optical unconsciousness, technics and mimesis) with the aim of individuating vital moments for the construction of a modern aesthetics, which might be able, at least partially, to give answers to the questions that characterize both the practice of arts and the reflection on it.
4. The course will conclude by analyzing Picasso’s Guernica as an example of how the problems discussed influence painting.
No prior knowledge and skills are deemed necessary.
- Markus Ophälders, Filosofia arte estetica, Mimesis, Milano 2008.
- Walter Benjamin, Aura e choc, a cura di Andrea Pinotti e Antonio Somaini, Einaudi, Torino 2012, pp. IX-XXVIII, 5-73, 205-268, 364-369.
- Markus Ophälders, Max Raphael legge Guernica di Picasso, in: Id., Labirinti, Mimesis, Milano 2008, pp. 23-43.
The didactic methods adopted are not distinct between attending and non-attending students. They consist of frontal lessons devoted to the transmission of fundamental concepts and structures of thinking and reflection and their respective application tools to implement theoretical notions in the direction of autonomous critical judgment.
Throughout the academic year, the teacher also holds a regular individual Reception at the times indicated on his page (without having to set a specific appointment). However, it is recommended that you consult the messages to be informed of any changes. During the first lesson, attending students will receive the full lesson schedule with the dates and topics discussed. Information on timetables and classrooms is also provided.
The content of books and lessons is adhering to the program.
|W. Benjamin||Aura e choc, a cura di Andrea Pinotti e Antonio Somaini||Einaudi||2012||Sono da preparare le pp. IX-XXVIII, 5-73, 205-268, 364-369.|
|Markus Ophaelders||Filosofia arte estetica||Mimesis||2008||9788884837585|
|Markus Ophälders||Max Raphael legge Guernica di Picasso, in: Id, Labirinti||Mimesis||2008|
ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, and in accordance with the University of Verona guidelines, during the 2020 summer session the assessment modality will be modified as follows: online oral exam.
The assessment of the learning outcomes involves an oral test, during which the issues discussed during the course and studied in the texts will be developed. The exam aims at ensuring knowledge of the topics under discussion and the ability to apply the concepts and logical methodologies to the various issues proposed.
This indivisible oral test is about the whole program and consists of a two-part interview - one with the teacher and one with one of his collaborators - and tries to verify:
- the depth and breadth of the knowledge gained;
- the property of language;
- the ability to systematically connect knowledge;
- analytical and argumentative ability.
The vote is expressed in marks from 18 to 30/30.
ERASMUS students are requested to contact the teacher at the beginning of the courses to agree together the teaching methods and the assessment tests.